*** This article is part of a blog series about what it means to live with Christ as our source. You can check out the Introduction to the series here. ***
For those of you who do not know Witness Lee, he was a co-worker of Watchmen Nee back in the early parts of the 20th century. They co-laboured in the raising up of local churches all over China, America and other parts of the world. Both of these men wrote a myriad of books. Witness Lee even managed to pen an entire commentary on the bible in his lifetime. Of the many books written by these men, the one’s written by Witness Lee are less well known. This little jewel of a book is amongst those hidden from the greater Christian community. And so, I am delighted to be creating a bit more awareness for it here on this blog.
The book was first published in 1987. Here is a description from the back cover:
When God created man, He placed him before two trees: the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life. In warning man to avoid the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, God indicated His desire for man to eat of the tree of life, signifying that man should receive God as his life supply. Adam chose poorly, and was barred from the tree of life because of sin. Even today, Christians, those who have washed their robes that they may have right ot the tree of life (Rev. 22:14), often pursue good behaviour rather than receiving Christ, experiencing Christ, and enjoying Christ as their life supply.
In the Tree of Life, Witness Lee presents a view of God’s heart that is little understood and seldom experienced by believers today. God is not looking for well-behaved Christians; He is looking for those who will experience and enjoy Christ as the reality of the tree of life, fulfilling His eternal intention for man.
- The Way to Fulfill God’s purpose
- The Source and Consummation of the Two Trees
- The Tree of Life in the Gospel of John
- The Fatness of the Lord’s House
- The Fruit of the Tree of Life
- The Tree of Life for Transformation
- How the Last Adam Becomes the Tree of Life in Us
- How the Body, the Army, and the Dwelling Place of God Came into Being
- Christ Opens the Way to the Tree of Life
- God’s Purpose Fulfilled by the Growth of the Tree of Life within U
- How to Feast on the Tree of Life through the Word
- How to Feast on the Tree of Life through Prayer
- The Need to Be Poor in Spirit and Pure in Heart to Experience the Tree of Life
- God’s Intention Fulfilled in Transformation
- Living Letters of Christ by Beholding and Reflecting His Glory
- God’s Ultimate Intention Realized
I am personally reading this book at the moment. And believe me it is excellent. It takes the purpose of man right back to the garden of Eden and unveils what God’s original intent was, what went wrong, and most importantly, how Jesus Christ has redeemed God’s desire and recovered the reality of the tree of life in his own person. I strongly recommend it!
It is available from Amazon in both paperback and kindle for about R80: http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Life-Witness-Lee/dp/0870833006. If you are living in South Africa I can arrange a copy for you for about R100 (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org).
You have just finished reading a book review on The Tree of Life – by Witness Lee If you wish to leave a comment, please click on the Comment link below. Also, if you have enjoyed it, please consider sharing it by clicking on the relevant links below the post on the blog. And if you missed last weeks post, click on the link just above the comment box to check it out. Glad to have you aboard!